As a fairly new blogger, I did not know it was possible to be nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award more than once. It is not something I set out to obtain, but I am grateful for Rob at My Side Of The Laundry Room for bestowing this honor upon me. No, his blog is not about how to remove stains on clothing (although I’m sure he could write a cool post about how he irons his Iron Man or Wolverine t-shirts), but it is mostly about anything nostalgic from the past: action figures, books, comic books, retro video games, hopefully PEZ, you name it. I highly suggest you pay him a visit and see for yourself why he has such a rad blog.
Okoto Enigma, the brilliant individual who created the “Mystery Blogger Award” stated that this award is for “amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Here are the rules for the award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post.
Three Things About Myself:
I enjoy listening to/playing music. Ever since I was a teen, I have been playing the guitar. Recently, I began sharing my love of music and superheros in a new feature called “Music Monday.” If you are not familiar with this, I simply share a music video that comes from a sci-fi or comic book movie and explain why I like it. It makes my Mondays more manageable. Garfield knows what I’m talking about. Also, I do take requests.
I enjoy video games. Ever since the NES, I have been into gaming. Video games have become a part of our family since my wife enjoys them, and now our kids do as well. We are a Nintendo family!
I really like Batman. I appreciate all of the different versions of the character, but as of now my favorites are “Batman: The Animated Series” and The Dark Knight Trilogy.
My Best Post:
I really had fun reviewing Batman: Year One, but recently my favorite post is Action Comics #1. That has always been a legendary comic book to me for obvious reasons. I enjoyed having the opportunity to review it.
My Five Questions To Answer:
- What is your favorite Disney character? Why?
I am a big fan of the animated Disney film “Tarzan” (1999). Phil Collins was spot on in the soundtrack. However, Edgar Rice Burroughs gets the credit for creating Tarzan back in the early 1900s. As far as an actual Disney-created character, it has to be Mickey Mouse. This mouse has always been a source of joy to me, “Mickey and the Beanstalk” (1947) to the classic video game, “Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse” (1990). Also, his voice is much easier to mimick for the kids compared to spitting all over while trying to sound like Donald Duck.
- What is the very first movie you remember seeing in the movie theater?
The very first movie I remember seeing in a theater is “Batman” (1989). I was five years old. Prior to seeing it, I remember being so excited about it as we were eating at the local chinese restaurant in our small town. I remember being blown away by how awesome the Batmobile was and remember that I thought the Joker was really funny.
- If you collect comics, what are the types of comics you hit the “quarter bins” for?
Just anything that looks interesting or kind of odd. Even Huntress or Swamp Thing would be considered.
- What was your first concert you went to?
I attended a few local concerts in high school, but an actual concert wasn’t until I was in my early 20s. It was The Starting Line. Since then I have attended much more enjoyable shows.
- (The weird one) What’s the last TV theme song to get stuck in your head?
This is going to be the Yo-kai Watch credits song seen at the end of the show. The kids have been watching it lately on Netflix. The characters do some crazy dance moves, which I attempt to mimic for myself, but also to make the kids laugh.
My five Questions for YOU to answer:
- What is your favorite non-fiction book?
- When writing your blog, do you use a smartphone, tablet, or computer?
- What is the most unique thing about the city/town you are living in?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- (The weird one) What real-life creature (animal, insect, fish etc.) freaks you out the most? Why?
Thanks for reading,